Falcon Containers is the market leader in repurposing shipping containers. Founded in 2003, Falcon has grown and provided employees a great place to work. Falcon’s culture is one where employees connect to and impact the company goals.
You are a great fit if you have a positive attitude and resonate with these core values:
* Serve others before you serve yourself
* Move with a strong sense of urgency
* Take individual responsibility
* Motivate yourself
* Follow the 4-way test, always.
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build good will and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Falcon Containers has a full-time Production & Manufacturing Manager position in our Austin-Manor location.
The Production & Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the operations of our production area to ensure that volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved. The ideal candidate is a demonstrated leader with a proven track record motivating and managing production personnel to achieve business objectives. This person is adept at planning ahead and solving problems, drawing on their extensive experience. This person is a strong team player and reports directly to the CEO.
The primary responsibilities for the Production & Manufacturing Manager are:
* Recruit, supervise and motivate a team of production workers; develop talent and skills of the production staff; provide coaching for the development of production workers in order to meet business objectives.
* Work with Project Management and Estimating in developing timescales for jobs. Monitor the production process, develop production schedules, identify key bottlenecks and adjust schedules as needed
* Manage inventory of raw materials & shop supplies used in the production and manufacturing process. Complete requisitions for additional inventory as needed.
* Ensure the implementation and evolution of safety procedures and that safety guidelines are followed.
* Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations.
* Determine Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure productivity and employee performance; track results and prepare related reports for management review
Other responsibilities will come up as our company grows and adapts to changes in the marketplace. You are not afraid of change. In fact, you embrace it. You are comfortable working in an industrial / manufacturing environment.
* Minimum of five years experience in managing production and manufacturing processes.
* Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
* Specific knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Quality systems and standards
- Health and safety standards and compliance
- Process improvement techniques
- Business and management principles
- Machines and tools
- Inventory systems
If you think you fit this job description, the first step is to fill out the following questionnaire.
Please do not call or email us. We will contact you once we've reviewed the results of the questionnaire.
Compensation: $70,000 to $90,000 per year based on experience. Qualifies for employee benefit program.